New Title = New Cover

I was a little dismayed when a few weeks ago I discovered that someone had already used my title for my beloved book The Horse Charmer. Now, I came up with this title when I was 14 (you do the math :-) ) and there weren't any books with titles like it. In fact, when The Horse Whisperer came out, I was all upset that he had stole my title. LOL I again did a search about five years ago when I decided to pull out my old draft and redo it - still no one with the title. Yes, five years ago, I know I took forever on this book, but I wasn't actively working on it the entire time.

If I had been smart, I would have checked up on the title again this year. I would have discovered a chapter book in a pretty well known horsey series where the subtitle is none other than The Horse Charmer. Now I had to decide. Would I change my title or keep it? Granted this wasn't the main title it was a subtitle in a series. 

My title is very tied to the plot of my story so I decided I couldn't just change it. Though I got several funny suggestions from the fam. I believe the favorite was The Butt-Head Charmer (anyone with a horse will get the joke). I decided I didn't want it identical, but would change it dropping the The from The Horse Charmer.

Horse Charmer needed a new cover to reflect the title change. Thank you Tamra Westberry for the super fast work and understanding in fixing the title for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Strings Attached Giveaway Hop - April 17 - April 22

Books to Movies Giveaway Hop

Horse Charmer on Sale For Only $.99